2. John Peter Apgar, a/k/a Hans Peter Apgard

b. about 1739, d. 1792 in Tewksbury Township, Hunterdon County, NJ.
m. Elizabeth McCracken.

2.1 Margaret Apgar, b. about 1760, m. Herbert Lance
2.2. Catherine Apgar, b. 1766, m. John Apgar (1.5.)
2.3. William Apgar, b. 1769, m. Mary Christeen Schuyler
2.4. Jacob Apgar, b. 1771, m. Mary …
2.5. Eva Apgar, m. Henry Crips
2.6. Elizabeth Apgar, b. 1780 in Hunterdon County, NJ, d. 22 March 1863.
2.7. John Peter Apgar, b. 1783, m. Hannah Potts

John Peter Apgar has been mentioned occasionally in early church records, and in land deed descriptions. His own land purchases have not been found on record. This could be because either he did not have these put on record, or the purchases were made before 1785. That is the date of the earliest records of land transactions in the Hall of Records in Hunterdon County, NJ. His brother, Herbert, made a land purchase in 1787 and it is on record there. We do know that John Peter did own land because his land holdings were used to enable proper descriptions of adjacent properties. His name is mentioned several times in the early books of deeds. Judging by these references, John Peter lived in Cokesbury, not far from Apgars Corners. He is also mentioned in the early days of the Potterstown Church, and later in the Lebanon Reformed of Lebanon, NJ.

"The history of Lebanon Church belongs to that of German Valley, Stillwater, Alexandria, and Amwell, as these churches were all served by the same ministers most of the time.

Casper Michael Stapel, who lived in Amwell Township and served the German Reformed Church near what is now Ringoes, probably also preached in Lebanon. He was succeeded by Frederick Dallicker and then by Caspar Wack.

In June, 1788, the High Dutch Reformed congregation in Lebanon Township was incorporated. The officers mentioned in the act of incorporation (on record at Trenton, NJ), were Peter Aller, Jacob Gearhart, Peter Young, Peter Henry, George Gearhart, and Hans Peter Apgar.

The modern history of the church or the period when the preaching was altogether in English, began with the pastorate of Rev. Jacob I. Shultz. The last record of baptisms by Rev. Casper Wack is made in the handwriting of Rev. Shultz, 27 May 1816. During the sixteen years of Rev. Schultz of his pastorate, he baptized 334 children and adults."